Monday, June 16, 2008

IDHTBPTBB!!!!



I hope I do this right:0)
I am fairly new to blogging, as you can see this is only my 5th
post. But I just couldnt miss out of all the fun!
I am completely obsessed with the Nester's blog!!!
I was introduced to it about 2 weeks ago and have been hooked
ever since!! I feel like a crazy woman now. Cant think of
anything but what my next project might be!! I was so excited when
she announced that she wanted us to post
about our lives and our "imperfections." Couldnt
wait to show her and anyone else out there what I have
been inspired to do.




I have always wanted one of those big iron letters that
you see in potterybarn. Check this out. Paper mache
letter decopauged with the prettiest paper ever!! So much
better that plain old black.




















I "mistreated" this old ottoman with some fabric I found at
Walmart!! Complete with fringe that is safety pinned to
the bottom. This girl does NOT sew!!!




















After seeing the Nester's playroom blog, I convinced my
2 youngest boys to share a room. The "spare" will be a
playroom, one day. This weekend, though, we painted
their room and I did "mistreat" this window. If you look
real close you can see that I was so excited to get them up
there that i didnt even cut the tabs off the bottoms. I'll get to it:)
















Here is James room (my oldest). I had some old scraps of some
camo fabric and threw it on his window with some of my new
best friends, upholstery tacks, HAHAHAHAHA!













I am telling you, I have been one busy bee!
There are many other things that I just cant wait to tackle.
Thanks Nester for showing me that it doesnt have to be perfect.
That mindset has been holding me back for sooooo long!



The funniest part is my husband has been gone since last Wednesday
and is on his way home right now!! He has no idea how busy I have been.
Cant wait for him to get here!!!!





P.S. I did want to share that I am so thankful for all the people who posted pictures of their "perfect" lives. It made me feel like I am normal. I have always felt likemy house wasnt good enough or cute enough and by no means did I ever think it was perfect. But this has really opened my eyes. My house was PERFECT all along. I was missing it!!! What a dork! It WAS perfect, because we are in it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love taking the short cuts. Last night I was learning cake decorating, and the lady was saying, "You'll get better with practice." Shoot! I don't want to get better. I want to pump something fun out and move on to the next thing, which might involved upholstery tacks. Lol.

Woodard Gang said...

Girl...I am immmmppprrressseddd!! I sorta wish I was home so I could of taken pictures of my "perfect" house in all its dusty, unfinished glory!! I can't wait to see ya when I get home and see in person all you have done!! Garage saling/coffee Saturday?? BTW...did you get my text?

Mom in High Heels said...

I love your letter and the mistreated ottoman. Cute, cute, cute!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash